19.10.09

Kanye West/Spike Jonze Mini Movie

We Were Once a Fairytale (dir. Spike Jonze)

When I first heard of this all those months ago, I was doing my fair share of "Hmmmm"-ing for the majority of us.

When I heard of the synopsis (In particular, the end) I said "Really?
Then, when I heard of all the critical acclaim x positive responses from respected publications we all know and love, I said "REEEAALLLY??" - just like that.

But oh my. This is pure amazement. And very inspiring. In a NUTSHELL this video "takes what people like and hate about Kanye's personna and pushes it to the limit. It walks the fine line between self aggrandizement and self mockery".
I've a new found level of respect for Kanye West. We already know what the boy Jonze can do! (If you not know otherwise).
FullScreen x Headphones is recommended, but not necessary.

No comments: