
I remember when I was working at Universal, and someone within the office brought it upon themselves to make it a day of playing Beastie Boys non-stop! The year was 2006. Yes, 2006. Though no-one else working at the time, or on the day even remembers. I clearly do. This was the day I officially became familiar with the NY bunch, to say the least.
Don't get me wrong I was familiar with Intergalatic, Sabotage, Fight For You Right, 3 Mc's/1 DJ. Not to mention their infamous one-liners; "mmmDroooopp!" etc... And don't get me started on their videos. Which, if you must know, I claim to be some of my favourite music videos of ALL TIME (for example).
I caught up pretty quickly in understanding these dudes. Musically.
Long story short, DJ Reason, Rik Cordero&Three/21 Media have realesed this mixtape, entitled "The HandMeDown Puma Mix". Do yourself a favour.
But the cover is what gets me. To some it's just a collage of photos. But you have to understand how it defines various eras. Beastie Boys individuality. And their unique ability to adapt and change comfortably over time.
And this is just a mixtape cover!
Happy Friday Folks.
2 comments:
Most favrite blog on my bookmarks! Keep it up
lol- Drrrrrrrooooop
Awesome group!!!
Post a Comment